Not yet a SSCA member?
  • Twelve monthly issues of SSCA Commodores' bulletin
  • Members only website resource
  • Access to cruising stations around the world
  • Regional activities, games and much more!

CREW NEEDED: Alabama to Guatemala end April/early May

Crew Wanted or Available

CREW NEEDED: Alabama to Guatemala end April/early May

by raythackeray » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:22 am

Mobile Bay, Alabama to Guatemala (Rio Dulce) nearly 1,000 miles south, departure before end April depending on crew and weather window. Cabins for 3 doubles and berths for 2 singles available. Would like a full crew for a fun voyage! Please PM me if interested: http://members.internationalrescuegroup ... t-flagship.

This is also an opportunity to learn about International Rescue Group, a disaster relief NGO that has been working in the Caribbean for years mainly providing aid after hurricanes in islands such as Haiti, Puerto Rico, Dominica and BVI. This mission will help us get our flagship vessel to Rio Dulce where we plan to haul out, re-fit and then transit to the South China Seas to open up our Asia-Pac region.

Here is a video done by our corporate sponsor Fortress Anchors about International Rescue Group https://youtu.be/T9kaYoPEcJk

raythackeray

Re: CREW NEEDED: Alabama to Guatemala end April/early May

by SailRN » Mon May 14, 2018 8:31 pm

Hello Captain Thackeray,

I would be glad to serve with IRG. Not only sailing, but medical as well. I'm looking for employment. Valid US passport, TWIC, Electronic and mechanical experience as well. Trauma nurse.
V/R,
Craig
Fair winds,

Craig RN AE6E, GMDSS Maintainer/Operator + RADAR, GROL
SailRN
Vessel Name: S/V Savor Grace
Vessel Make and Model: SeaRunner 37

Re: CREW NEEDED: Alabama to Guatemala end April/early May

by raythackeray » Mon May 14, 2018 9:51 pm

Hello Craig,

Happy to have crew with medical experience! By looking for employment, I'm guessing you mean paid employment? If so I wish we could help, but IRG is a volunteer unpaid organization - as Founder even I, and our executive committee, are all unpaid. If that fits for you, please do contact me at ray.thackeray@internationalrescuegroup.org.
raythackeray