Not yet a SSCA member?
  • Twelve monthly issues of SSCA Commodores' bulletin
  • Members only website resource
  • Access to cruising stations around the world
  • Regional activities, games and much more!

Insurance Problems

Marine Insurance/Health Insurance/Banking/Bill Paying/Taxes

Insurance Problems

by noelblakley » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:42 am

Hello,

This is something affecting all SDA universities not just Southern. The General Conference has recently announced that they can no longer sell insurance for student missionaries who are not going out on a call directly linked with the GC. Adventist Frontier Missions has their own insurance, but most other agencies that Southern and other colleges send SMs to do not have insurance. This leaves the colleges in a legal bind because they cannot send an SM out under their name without insurance. Some universities have already said that they will now only send students on GC calls. Southern is frantically searching for alternative insurance plans. The severity of the problem though, is that with universities only sending SMs out on GC calls, the other ministries are no longer going to get the support that they depend on from SMs. Further more, I have friends that know they are being called to places, and are now faced with the dilemma of having to pick another place, or go without the name of Southern (not a good thing for a variety of reasons). Please pray for Southern and the other colleges out there that are faced with this problem. Also keep me in your prayers as I make decisions about where I am going to go. And keep our SM coordinator, Gail Moore, in your prayers.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://www.pathfindersonline.org/forum ... =43&t=1478
Animated explainer video production service

Thanks
noelblakley