Not yet a SSCA member?
  • Twelve monthly issues of SSCA Commodores' bulletin
  • Members only website resource
  • Access to cruising stations around the world
  • Regional activities, games and much more!

Need a doctor recommend. in Central America or Costa Rica

Marine Insurance/Health Insurance/Banking/Bill Paying/Taxes

by denisesails » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi everyone,
I just bought another boat after being boatless for 10 yrs. We are preparing to start cruising next year. I just found out that I have a some skin cancers that need to come off and I need it done by a plastic surgeon. Since I don't have health insurance I need to seek treatment outside the country. Does anyone out there know a good plastic surgeon and dermatogolist in Costa Rica or another central american country I could look into? Personal experience is what I'm looking for. Unless you know someone pretty well that had a good or bad experience. I wouldn't mind hearing about that either. You can send me a private message if you prefer. My email is ateamoffers@gmail.com.
I really need help with this and I'm hoping some of you will help me out here since the internet can be so misleading as far as referrals. If you can share something here too I think it would benefit others since our health care has gotten out of reach for many. Skin cancer hurts, is disfiguring and very expensive. Keep yourself covered! Thanks so much for your help---Denise
denisesails
Vessel Make and Model: Shannon 38

Re: Need a doctor recommend. in Central America or Costa Ric

by Paul L » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:59 am

Panama City has lots of quality medical available. You can find a dermatologist looking in the Panama City Cruisers Guide available at the Yahoo Southbound group Files section http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southbound_group/files/INFORMATION%20BY%20COUNTRY/Panama/Panama%20City%20Info/. You need to be logged into the group.
Paul L
Vessel Name: Jeorgia
Vessel Make and Model: J_37

Re: Need a doctor recommend. in Central America or Costa Ric

by anubuju » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:21 am

Post by denisesails » 14 Sep 2012 01:45
Hi everyone,
I just bought another boat after being boatless for 10 yrs. We are preparing to start cruising next year. I just found out that I have a some skin cancers that need to come off and I need it done by a plastic surgeon. Since I don't have health insurance I need to seek treatment outside the country. Does anyone out there know a good plastic surgeon and dermatogolist in Costa Rica or another central american country I could look into? Personal experience is what I'm looking for. Unless you know someone pretty well that had a good or bad experience. I wouldn't mind hearing about that either. You can send me a private message if you prefer. My email is ateamoffers@gmail.com.
I really need help with this and I'm hoping some of you will help me out here since the internet can be so misleading as far as referrals. If you can share something here too I think it would benefit others since our health care has gotten out of reach for many. Skin cancer hurts, is disfiguring and very expensive. Keep yourself covered! Thanks so much for your help---Denise

I am in the same situation
anubuju